Thomson Reuters plugin with Microsoft 365 Copilot helps unlock the value of generative AI for legal professionals
Thomson Reuters (TSX/NYSE: TRI), a global content and technology company, today brings forward its vision to redefine the future of professionals through generative artificial intelligence (AI). At a time of rapid global innovation, Thomson Reuters is at the forefront, helping its customers unlock the potential to automate workflows, provide powerful insights, and drive efficiencies with content-driven AI technology.
Following Thomson Reuters announcement that it intends to invest more than $100 million annually on AI capabilities at its Q1 FY23 results, the company also today announces a new plugin with Microsoft 365 Copilot, Microsoft’s advanced AI experiences across its productivity suite. This integration will bolster efforts for redefined professional work starting with legal research, drafting, and client collaboration.
“Generative AI empowers professionals to redefine their work and discover innovative approaches,“ said Steve Hasker, president and CEO, Thomson Reuters. “With our customers in the driver’s seat, Thomson Reuters AI technology augments knowledge, helping professionals work smarter, giving them time back to focus on what matters. We are very proud to partner with Microsoft, leading the legal profession towards unlocking the value from Microsoft 365 Copilot for our customers, and their clients.”
Redefining work with Generative AI
Today’s announcements further cements Thomson Reuters as a leader in leveraging new technologies, including AI and machine learning (ML). For over 30 years Thomson Reuters has leveraged increasingly sophisticated AI and ML capabilities to improve search and expand advanced analytics for its customers. In addition to integrating Microsoft 365 Copilot, Thomson Reuters today shares plans to incorporate new generative AI capabilities across its product suite including:
- Westlaw Precision – With generative AI, customers can find answers to complex legal questions in seconds, based on proprietary, expert content.
- Practical Law – Smarter, faster access to the expertise of more than 650 attorney editors combined with the power of generative AI.
- Checkpoint Edge – Providing fast, reliable answers to complex tax and accounting questions.
- Legal Document Review and Summary – With generative AI reading through hundreds or even thousands of relevant documents in just seconds, customers can spot key risks, resolve questions, execute tasks, and generate powerful work product.â€¯Powered by HighQ, Practical Law, and Document Intelligence.
- Legal Drafting – Bringing together Thomson Reuters trusted content and intelligence from across Westlaw, Practical Law, and Document Intelligence to surface key insights, legal knowledge, and answers to complex questions.