Businesses already report results like saving 19 working days or ~$5K per employee per year with Grammarly; now the company doubles down on enterprise AI by adding personalized voice capabilities and making its generative AI features generally available
Grammarly, the company helping over 30 million people and 70,000 teams work smarter and faster wherever they write, today announced several updates to its enterprise AI offerings, including new personalized voice profiles to produce text that sounds like the user and the general availability of its generative AI features. Grammarly is seeing growing enterprise demand as the only AI writing partner that works across a company’s apps and tools, understands their unique context, and doesn’t compromise security and privacy.
People at 96% of the Fortune 500 and teams at leading enterprises such as Atlassian, Zoom, Databricks, Expedia Group, Expensify, and Siemens are getting results with Grammarly. Businesses report Grammarly saves them an average of 19 working days—an estimated $5,000+—per employee per year. For a company of 1,000 employees, that’s over $5.1 million in annual savings and over 17X return on investment.¹
“While other companies jump on the AI hype, we’ve been building AI solutions and delivering real results for our customers for over 14 years,” said Rahul Roy-Chowdhury, CEO of Grammarly. “Just imagine what four weeks of time saved per employee per year could do for businesses: higher productivity, better results, faster growth—the possibilities are limitless. With extended access and functionality in our generative AI features for businesses everywhere, they can now scale their use of AI to get increased value from Grammarly.”
Grammarly is expanding the limits of enterprise-grade AI by announcing:
- Personalized voice detection and application, addressing the problem of AI-generated text sounding robotic or impersonal. Grammarly will automatically detect a user’s unique writing style and create a personal voice profile describing how they sound to their audiences. They can then rewrite any generated text in their voice with one click. Grammarly continuously adapts to the user’s preferences over time, capturing elements such as tone and stylistic choices. The capabilities will roll out to all Grammarly Business customers by year’s end.
- General availability of its generative AI features for all businesses, educational institutions, and individual users following a successful beta release. Users are creating over 12 million pieces of content weekly with Grammarly’s generative AI features, relying on them for everything from kicking off first drafts and ideas, to quickly tackling pings and emails, to rewriting text to be just the right length and tone. In addition to its new personalized voice capabilities, Grammarly listened to customer feedback during the beta to add new and enhanced functionality, including:
- Enhanced Grammarly’s “Improve It” prompt with greater context and quality to rewrite text more effectively
- Added a description of how Grammarly improved the user’s text so they understand why it was changed
- Improved integration of user context and past prompts to generate even more relevant output
- Added prompt history so users can pick up where they left off
- General availability of its Knowledge Share feature for all business customers. Knowledge Share surfaces relevant company documents, definitions, and key contacts in-line where employees work, so they don’t have to waste time searching for information.
- Increased prompt usage limits for Grammarly Business customers to scale their use of Grammarly’s generative AI features, including:
Delivering Real Business Results with AI
Businesses across industries and functions are using Grammarly to cut down on routine work, reduce costly miscommunication, and get better work done faster as the company delivers on its vision to power the AI-connected enterprise. Eight of the top 10 business services companies, 7 of the top 10 manufacturing companies, and 4 of the top 5 telecoms companies have teams using Grammarly Business.
Across industries, Grammarly is especially seeing strong impact among functions like customer support, marketing, and sales as they tap its AI to create higher-quality content and communications faster. Results seen using Grammarly Business include:
- Boosts customer satisfaction scores (CSAT) by 17%, halves the rate of escalations, and improves time to resolution by 25% in customer support
- Cuts editing time by 60% in marketing
- Improves brand voice compliance by 71% and reduces email writing time by 52% in sales
- Takes an average of one day to implement for IT
ModMed, the fast-growing healthcare software company, is using Grammarly to amplify innovation in the highly regulated healthcare industry—saving over 12 working hours a month per employee. “We see Grammarly as one of those essential innovation tools that lets us do our jobs better,” said Daniel Cane, CEO of ModMed. “One of the best features of Grammarly is that it has generative AI built-in. I use its generative AI to help develop concepts and rough drafts. Then, as I author my document, Grammarly ensures everything is clearly and concisely conveyed.”
Databricks, the Data and AI company, is using Grammarly to scale content production with consistency and efficiency—improving brand compliance by 71% and reducing time spent on editing marketing content by 50%. “I used to spend 20-30 hours a week reviewing, rewriting, and coaching,” said Neil Hamilton, Head of Editorial at Databricks. “Grammarly Business has cut that by at least half, and that’s allowed my team to scale without scaling.”
OneSource Virtual, the leading provider of Workday services, is using Grammarly to create and refine internal documents and customer communications—saving time and driving customer satisfaction. “OneSource is all about delivering an exceptional customer experience, and sometimes we need a way to get started,” said Michael Roseman, Chief Operating Officer of OneSource Virtual. “Grammarly’s generative AI makes it easier to kick off and refine our writing, saving us tens of thousands of hours. I personally love how it converts my bullet-point meeting notes into succinct written communications.”
Trusted AI Designed to Outlast the Hype
Unlike other solutions, Grammarly works across more than 500,000 apps and websites, so users aren’t restricted to a single suite or have to switch to another tool. Companies can scale their use of Grammarly knowing they have a trusted partner with long-standing expertise in security, privacy, and responsible AI. Grammarly has the most comprehensive enterprise-grade certifications and compliance of any AI writing assistance company, such as SOC 2 (Type 2), ISO, HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA. The company never sells customer data or lets any third parties store or use it to train their models.
Grammarly’s latest developments come on the heels of recognition from industry experts. Grammarly was named in multiple 2023 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ reports this year, including for Artificial Intelligence² and Midsize Enterprises.³ Customers also ranked Grammarly as the top AI Writing Assistant in 14 Fall Grid® reports by G2, the world’s largest B2B software marketplace.